Wednesday, February 10, 2010


Its been a while since I’ve felt creative. I think it has something to do with “inner peace” or “true happiness” that so many gurus have made so much money advertising. It’s when your mind is stress and worry free that you really experience yourself. What is one’s personality? The thoughts we think, the things we do? But then, most of the time, aren’t our thoughts and actions really governed by external forces? As in... If I’m stressing over an assignment, a class test, my mind is not really free to produce original thoughts, so how does anybody recognize who I really am? There is a spontaneity that goes amiss when stress sets in. And then when the stress slowly dissipates… your true self comes forward, not only to others, but to yourself. Dissipation of stress has never been a conscious process with me... I am NEVER able to get rid of it, no matter what I do. After a long long time, my mind has been plagued with questions that amuse me, and remind me of what I really am. I wish somebody really knew.

Like writer’s BLOCK. Why is it called writer’s block? Maybe it signifies a block of some kind interrupting a writer’s thoughts. Like a wooden block placed in a mouse maze. Or a granite block. Noo… a cool semi precious stone block. Ya, that’s what I get :D
But what about when I forget... it’s not a block, I know what I want to say, I’ve just forgotten it. I’ve been thinking about something for days, but then suddenly – zero recollection. Now that’s not a block, is it? More like... an eraser. Its frustrating, when you know you have an important point to make, but just cannot remember what it was.

Which brings me to Madame Tussauds. I really wonder who decides whose wax statue is to be made, and where it is to be placed. When the various branches of Madame Tussauds were opening up around the world, I wonder what they were thinking... “Dude, we gotta have Gandhi!” Imagine if they DIDN’T have a statue of Gandhi, if they (hypothetically) forget. International relations crisis? Who thinks of all this? That person must have to be quite qualified, and have a deep understanding of history, politics, international relations… I guess it’s a very responsible job. What would be the job description? I wonder what’s on their business cards. “Mr. XYZ, Decider of Personalities and Placement”? Hmm, not bad. Sounds impressive. J J

And orange in Hindi is “Narang” which literally means “without colour”. How in the world does that make sense? Cool thing though – “Narang” in Hindi, and “Anaranjado” in Spanish. Almost similar. Yay. J

2 comments:

Valay said...

A very good abstract topic... I am agree with the point that our action governed by external forces... And if you consider physics in this case you can really compare the same phenomenon with newtons law of motion.

And my be thats the reason that many students cant perform well in final exams because they feel very stress, because of that reason we they cant produce original thoughts,

I really liked this topic and looking forward to more good posts.

Keep posting

Regards

Abhinandan Mishra said...

"And orange in Hindi is “Narang” which literally means “without colour”

and I stand thoroughly enlightened.